Photographers: Shawna & Madyson
Karen discussed the 2014 Coburg Quilt Show. They are in need of modern quilt entries & we are hoping that EMQG can encourage enough members to help run a booth this year! Karen will be available to talk to if you are interested in being part of a committee for this event. The Coburg Quilt Show is on July 26th this year. We also discussed making a raffle quilt.
The Coburg Charter School is in volunteers to quilt quilts! Susan Miner has generously volunteered to quilt one for them! If anyone else wants to help out, contact Jen.
Please try and make/wear a nametag to our meetings so members and guests can learn everyone's names.
Daisy entertained us with a presentation on sewing machine needles (Schmetz). She drew wonderful graphics and gave a great "needle 101" talk. Some of the highlights include:
- Threading your needle the right way - it matters!
- The # width of the needle:
- 60/8 ------------> silk
- 70/10 --------------> piecing
- 80/12 -------------> quilting
- 90/14 ------------> heavy duty (bags with lots of pellon, etc.)
- Change your needle every 8 hours of sewing time.
- The universal needle was made for everything, which means it will do nothing well.
The February swap was (10) 10 1/2" blocks Valentine's themed. The March swap will be wrist pincushions. For swap ideas please visit our Pinterest boards! :)
The February Queen Bee is Laura - she made a great, simple block for this month! Please make sure to bring your blocks to the next meeting.