Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Madrona Road-- For the new year!!! MQG Challenge!
Hey guys-- tonight is the night! The lovely people at Michael Miller Fabrics have donated some fabric for us to create with! Madrona Road debuted this July and is designed by Oregon's own Violet Craft. I cut it and grouped it up for guild tonight and it is some LOVELY fabric-- lovely colors, lovely feel-- lovely.
At first I just wanted to keep it all for myself-- it is that beautiful... but that isn't really in tune with the holiday season, is it? So we are going to have a little challenge (original post by MQG).... finished by February's guild meeting (13th). The rules are:
1) Use the Madrona Road Fabric given-- additional Madrona Road OR additional solids may be added. (that is it... this is a hard and fast rule--)
2) Make something quilted-- at least 12"x12"-- it can be a pillow or a small quilt, but must be 3 layers-- you know-- quilted!
3) Post your process shots, finishes, if you like-- to the flickr group.
4) Bring your finished piece to guild on Feb. 13th-- for a good, good reveal!
5) Please take fabric only if you are going to complete the challenge. :)
See you tonight!!
Completed for the February meeting, here are the creative first additions to each traveling quilt. Future posts will share more additions.
EMQG General Meeting Virtual Christmas Party Box reveal - The meeting began by opening our mystery gift boxes that were put together by Bonn...
At the EMQG virtual meeting in January, all the members present brought a magazine. Each member was given a random page number and that mag...